7.6.11

FRACK!



Continuing on the theme of things that have surprised me in life, I am in love with Battlestar Galactica.

Now, I'm still watching the 4th season so I don't know anything about how all this turns out and I'm yet to watch the miniseries.

I can't hold it in anymore. I've got to shout it to the universe.

I love this series more than a cold swimming pool on a hot Chennai day.

Why is this a surprise? Well, in high school I secretly turned up my nose at what I called those 'dungeons and dragons and anime' people. I mean the ones who talked only about that sort of thing. I was no cheerleader myself, in fact, I could have been head of the geek squad, so mired was I in all things geeky. But in the imaginary social order of high school, those strange cult-like boys and occasionally girls who walked about looking like they hadn't slept or bathed in days and said strange things like - gods, i don't even know what - repelled me.

Of course, fantasy and sci-fi are two different genres entirely and while I love the latter and can't get my head around the former. Believe me, I've tried. But ''those' kids as I snootily referred to them may have led me to this show earlier.

To the Light.

No comments: